Go chasing waterfalls
Recently we took a bike ride to a waterfall we’ll call “Waterfall #1” near our home.
It hasn’t rained for about 3 months so it was just a trickle of water, and most of the landscape around it was brown.
Compare that to what we’ll call “Waterfall #2” which we visited a year ago.
When we visited Waterfall #2, it also hadn’t rained for about the same amount of time, but #2 was full of life.
As I thought about these two waterfalls, I began to wonder if my family is like Waterfall #1 or #2.
Waterfall #1 dried up when there was no rain.
Waterfall #2 was still strong and fruitful – everything around it was green – even with no rain.
There may not always be rain providing for and sustaining our families.
But if we have been intentionally building into our family, and storing up for the dry season, we will still flourish when there is no rain.
We can begin preparing today for the next dry season that is bound to hit our families.
If you have stories about how you do this already or struggles you’ve had with this, I’d love to hear them in the comments below.
There is one thing we can all do together, today – we can check out the Thrive Community.
So what’s it all about?
First, and most importantly, the Thrive community provides some foundational resources to get your family started right away on the path from launch to legacy.
- You’ll start with a foundational guided learning experience called Families that Win.
- You’ll position your family to win and define what winning means for your family.
- You’ll get clarity on your family direction with the Ziglar Family Purpose Creator™.
- You’ll learn practical ways to guide your family to consistently be, do and have more using the Ziglar Family GPS™.
This experience will be unlocked one week at a time and delivered in manageable, bite-size sessions you can process at your own pace.
Then, you’ll experience four key components each month:
- Thrive Family Focus, an in-depth interview with a guest expert, focused on a specific topic or area of family life and go deep to learn from the best!
- You’ll get Thrive Family Essentials content each month. This will be a valuable downloadable, teaching resource that will equip you to overcome specific family challenges.
- You’ll enjoy the Thrive Family Spotlight. In these fun, family-friendly interviews, we’ll highlight a family that has experienced success in a specific area of life so we can all learn from their experience.
- Mark Timm, Ziglar Family CEO, will conduct Thrive Live Coaching calls each month to answer specific questions from the community. He’ll often be joined by the Thrive Family Focus expert and questions can be submitted beforehand. These coaching sessions are a lot of fun and will be recorded for easy, 24/7 access, so if you can’t make the live call, you can always listen in later.
In addition to all of this, what really makes the community THRIVE is the connection with other families in the community. Initially, you can engage with other families in our private Facebook group available only to other THRIVE members. You can ask questions, get encouragement, and find inspiration.
So, be like Waterfall #2. You can start today by checking out the Thrive Community.